© 2020 All rights reserved
In a great example of inter-council and inter-regional co-operation, staff from WLASS and BOPLASS have worked together to develop and implement an online contractor health and safety pre-qualification scheme that uses simple software to capture information on contractors’ health and safety management systems and insurance details.
The service is being offered nationally as part of a drive to better manage councils’ contractors in the new health and safety environment. It not only saves councils considerable time and money, as the scheme is fully managed by the software provider, but it also removes the need for contractors to supply separate details to each council or for each contract sought, which also reduces their costs.
In conjunction with our supplier, SHE Software Ltd., we have developed an online prequalification scheme that includes:
– electronic application form and guidance
– online and phone support for applicants
– out-sourced evaluation of applications by health and safety professionals
– a live register of prequalified contractors
– contractor help and support services
– automated notification of pending renewals
– management of insurance expirations
– an on-line payment facility.
Contractors simply need to complete the on-line questionnaire and provide their health and safety documentation to show that they understand and comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and any associated Regulations. The portal can be accessed at: https://payments.sheassure.net and a link is available on every participating council’s website.
+64 (0) 6 833 7227